International Print Mail Art Project 2021
SEE THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE
In 2021 Grafein* organises an Open Call for its International Print Mail Art Project themed: See things in perspective.
Send us your work by post before 30 April 2021. Work in all printmaking techniques or work combined with printmaking, of postcard format (10×15 cm) and on strong paper (minimal 250 g/m2) can be submitted.
See full regulations below. Please share this Open Call with other printmakers.
- Theme of this project is ‘See things in perspective’.
- The actual posted print is the ‘artwork’.
- Participation is open and free.
- Each participant can send one artwork.
- Size: c.10×15 cm (postcard), paper of 250–300 gr/m2**.
- Technique and materials: all printmaking techniques are accepted, as well as other media in combination with any printmaking technique.
- The artwork should be created and signed on one side (the ‘frontside’) of the postcard
- The title of the artwork, technique, name of the artist, country and e-mail address should be mentioned on the backside of the postcard in the left half.
- The postage stamp and address to be sent to (see below) should be on the backside of the postcard in the right half.
- Postal costs are to be covered by the participant.
- Deadline to receive the artworks is 30 April 2021.
- A photo of the artwork (frontside) should be e-mailed to email@example.com in advance of sending it by post
- The artworks should be sent as they are, i.e. without an envelope to the following address:
1441 XP Purmerend
- Upon arrival the photo of the artwork (frontside) will be uploaded on the Grafein Instagram account with hashtags #printmailart #seethingsinperspective #printmaking2021 #internationalmailart and more and Instagram will be shown on the website of Grafein.
- Participants can upload photo’s of their artwork on their own social media or in the Facebookgroup Grafeingrafiek.
- A digital catalogue of all received artworks will be created and published on the website of Grafein
- The artworks will not be returned, but will be kept in the archives of the Foundation Grafein after finishing of the project.
- The artworks will be exhibited at one or more venues in 2021 or 2022, address(es) and dates to be confirmed.
* Advisory board: Maja Anna Chris, Roos Marthe Thijsen and Ad Stijnman.
Windsor & Newton Aquarel block, cold pressed grano Fino, 15 postcards, 300 grams, 10 x 15 cm / 4 x 6 inch
Terschelling block aquarelverfpapier, 20 postcards, 300 grams, 10,5 x 14,8 cm / 4,5 x 5,85 inch
Fabriano Aquarello Postcards, 20 postcards, 300 grams, 105 x 148 mm
You can also make your own postcards.
Disclaimer: Organisers reserve the right to evaluate and exclude from participation in the project, without having to provide reasons of any kind, art works which, in their sole discretion, should prove to be unsuitable, do not follow the regulations, in case their content is harmful from a moral, ethical or legal point of view or if they are received damaged or dirty.