Applications are now open for the Lake Art Prize 2022
The theme for the prize is ‘The Vessel: contained within and moving between’. In working with the theme, we invite artists to explore literal or lateral translations of the vessel, exploring the notions of, but not limited to the power to hold, containment, passage, memory as well as the vessel in relation to life, water and place.
The Lake Art Prize 2022 has a $25,000 acquisitive prize pool to acquire works for the MAC yapang collection. Finalist’s works will be on view at MAC yapang in the Lake Art Prize 2022 finalist exhibition from 24 September – 11 December 2022.
MAC yapang sits upon the Awabakal Country in which Awaba, the Lake, is contained. As water is an integral part of our direct landscape it is also an ongoing theme in the exhibition programming and collection strategy.
- Applications open 27 June 2022
- Applications close 22 August 2022
- Finalists notified and published on the MAC yapang website 29 August 2022
- Lake Art Prize 2022 finalist exhibition 24 September – 11 December 2022
- Winner announced 23 September 2022
How to Submit an Application:
Applications are to be submitted in a two step process, outlined below. Please complete both steps prior to the application closing date to ensure the validity of your entry.
1. Complete the online application form
2. Pay your $35 entry fee. The online payment form will be available soon and artists who have completed their submission will be notified by email. You can also pay with cash or card at the MAC yapang front desk, 9am – 3pm Tuesday – Sunday. Remember to note down your Smartygrants submission number.