Lake Art Prize 2020 – Entries Now Open
The Museum of Art and Culture Lake Macquarie is thrilled to announce the Lake Art Prize, a new biennial National Acquisitive Prize for Contemporary Australian Art – valued at $25,000.
Australian artists, aged 18 years and over, are invited to submit works which reflect on the theme ‘Where there is Water’.
There is a total acquisitive prize pool of $25,000 (ex GST), with the funding made available by the generosity and support of Lake Macquarie City Council.
Contending artworks will be across all media and can take any form, including sculpture, painting, drawing, photomedia, installation, sound, and a single piece or multi-piece artwork.
The prize culminates with selected artworks being displayed in a finalist exhibition at MAC. The inaugural Prize Exhibition will take place between 12 December 2020 – 7 February 2021.
The prize includes a People’s Choice Award – valued at $2,000 (ex GST) – a non-acquisitive award to the artwork with the highest number of audience votes over the period of the finalist exhibition.
Voters will also go into the draw to win MAC Packs and Sculpture park café vouchers.
- Artwork must be completed 23 October 2019 – 23 October, 2020.
- Entries close (digital submission) at midnight Friday 23 October, 2020.
- Finalists will be notified on 30 October, 2020.
- Delivery of finalist exhibition artworks: by 4pm Friday 27 November 2020.
- Lake Art Prize 2020 Winner will be announced on 12 December, 2020.
- Finalist Exhibition will be held 12 December 2020 – 7 February 2021.
- Announcement of The 2020 LAKE prize People’s Choice award: 5 February 2021.
For further information and to enter, go here.